The Excel template for creating Web Analytics Dashboards has proven to be incredibly popular and successful, with well over 10,000 downloads since its release.
We’ve therefore released two more, this free dashboard to track ecommerce performance, and a free dashboard to track overall marketing performance.
Ecommerce Dashboard Template
Our ecommerce dashboard template has been designed to be used with ecommerce websites. The key difference from the Performance Dashboard is that the ecommerce Dashboard contains a funnel instead of two of the data tables. Other features include:
- Two data tables containing up to four metrics each
- Funnel with up to six stages. There are metrics for each stage plus the completion rate between stages
- Ability to select any metric or completion rate to appear in charts
- Two versions of the dashboard: with and without segmentation
We have also created a similar template within Google Datastudio. This is called the Ayima Funnel, which you can learn more about here.
What does the Ecommerce Dashboard do?
Our free template provides an analytics dashboard for ecommerce websites.
A clear view of site-wide performance is a powerful weapon. It lets you:
- Compare performance across multiple target metrics
- Quickly spot changes in performance and identify possible causes
- Report topline metrics clearly to key stakeholders, unencumbered by irrelevant statistics
- Breaks down sessions by position within the marketing funnel
- Identify bottlenecks and major drop-off points on your site
- Provides opportunities for version control
- Allows you to select your currency and branding
- Set up thresholds for your comparisons. This means that period-on-period changes will only be flagged if they are important enough.
We also have a guide on how to identify the most important products on a retail website using a merchandising report.
How to build your ecommerce report
To set up your ecommerce website analysis report, simply follow the link at the bottom of this page.
There are instructions on the template, and a setup tab to input your chosen metrics and traffic sources.
The user will just need to create a way to populate and update the data within the “Data Summary” tab. We would recommend pulling this data together on another worksheet, and then lookups to pull through these values. We would also recommend setting up a process which allows you to automate this data pipeline.
Once you’re finished, simply click the “Set-up Dashboard” button to populate the dashboards using macros.
Custom Ecommerce Dashboards
Ayima Analytics has many years of experience partnering with ambitious ecommerce companies to create powerful reports, tracking and analytics.
This starter template contains all the basics. From macros, to style, and formulas. It’ll also give you the ability to set up a custom dashboard to your specifications with some design tweaks.
Ayima also creates reports on our powerful proprietary tool, Ayima Query. This gives you a full view of marketing performance, pulling data from multiple sources to give you a tailor-made report.
Get in touch with the experts at Ayima if you’d like bespoke help with your setup and tracking.
Download the Ecommerce Analytics Dashboard for free
Free to download, here are the ecommerce Analytics dashboard templates:
- Ecommerce Analytics dashboard - with segmentation
- Ecommerce Analytics dashboard - without segmentation
Simply click on the files above and click “Use Template” in the top right to copy it to your own drive and start making changes.
Fancy a chat about your unique ecommerce reporting needs? Reach out to Ayima, we’d love to help.
Note: This blog post was originally published on Leapthree.com, and moved across to Ayima.com as part of the 2018 acquisition.