In The State of Canadian Ecommerce report, Ayima partnered with Insights West, a full-service marketing research company, to survey 1,000+ Canadian consumers to uncover trends in:
- Online browsing and buying
- Motivators and barriers to online purchasing
- Device use for browsing and buying
- Barriers mobile purchases
- Abandoned shopping cart behaviours
- The impact international competition is having on Canadian retailers online?
- What influences Canadian shoppers?
- What are the major barriers to conversion?
- What percentage of Canadians buy from Amazon and how popular is Amazon Prime in Canada?
- How do Canadians' shop online and what future trends are they starting to show?
- How prevalent are voice assistants and mobile wallet in Canada?
- How does Amazon Alexa usage compare to Google Home for Canadian Consumers and do they use their assistant to shop online?
- Do Canadians consider Black Friday or Boxing Day the best for deals?
Results are based on online research conducted with English-speaking Canadian adults, 18 years of age and older. This year, 2018, represents the first wave of the study; it was conducted January 15-25, 2018, with a sample of 1,021. The margin of error for a sample of this size is +/- 3.1%, 19 times out of 20. The data was statistically weighted according to Canadian census figures for age, gender and region.