- Online browsing and buying
- Motivators and barriers to online purchasing
- Device use for browsing and buying
- Barriers mobile purchases
- Abandoned shopping cart behaviours
- The impact international competition is having on Canadian retailers online?
- What influences Canadian shoppers?
- What are the major barriers to conversion?
- What percentage of Canadians buy from Amazon and how popular is Amazon Prime in Canada?
- How do Canadians' shop online and what future trends are they starting to show?
- How prevalent are voice assistants and mobile wallet in Canada?
- How does Amazon Alexa usage compare to Google Home for Canadian Consumers and do they use their assistant to shop online?
- Do Canadians consider Black Friday or Boxing Day the best for deals?
The MethodologyResults are based on online research conducted with English-speaking Canadian adults, 18 years of age and older. This year, 2018, represents the first wave of the study; it was conducted January 15-25, 2018, with a sample of 1,021. The margin of error for a sample of this size is +/- 3.1%, 19 times out of 20. The data was statistically weighted according to Canadian census figures for age, gender and region.
The State of Canadian Ecommerce Report 2018
Download The State of Canadian Ecommerce Report 2018